Countdown:

Monday, March 30, 2009

A little under the weather (email dated 3/30/2009)

Well for some reason this week my body decided to go sick on me and make me miserable for half the week. Yeah i had "la Monga"(A Cold). It was pretty anoying but i didn't let it hold me up to much. Finaly this past sunday I had my comp. and Elder Ramirez come over and give me a Priesthood Blessing to help me out and i can definately tell today that its starting to kick in. I'm still a little tired but my cough and runny nose are starting to die down.

Well enough about how sick I've been, lets talk about the work right?... Well to be honest this past week was a week where we received some potential. We made a bunch of contacts, and from them all we were able to have about 7 new investigators which is always nice to have. This next week we'll see how firm they really are but we'll pray for the best right? Unfortunately Lidia was sick so she wasn't able to make it to church and the De Jesus Family had a problem or something and we were'nt even able to pass by and see them again. So this last week we had a little disappointment but you never know how fast things can turn around some time.

Last friday, we went on a little trade off for the day, and i went to Arecibo and Elder Ponce came down here to Utuado. It was pretty fun too. I was over there with Elder Atrice, whose from Atlanta Georgia. Man did he ever have that southern accent. He's a big boy too; he played football at Air Force before he came out here on his mission. He's a fresh greeenie also, so i was the one doing all of the talking pretty much for the day. He just barely hit his week mark out in the field. We had a great day though and we even were able to have a lesson with some Investigators over there and set a baptisimal date for them. It was a great experience, and it boosted my spirits up a lot to because i wasn't feeling the greatest the day before. The family was great, especialy as we taught them about the Plan of Salvation. The couple is going to get married here soon also, so that their able to be baptised and except all of the commandments that God has given us. It truely is amazing to see the changes people make in their life's to except this true gospel of Christ. Anyway the whole trade off ended up being great, and it was the highlight of the week i'd have to say.

But that time has come again and i have to say bye because the work is calling my name.
so until next time much love!
Elder Lopez

No comments: