Countdown:

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My last day in Utuado (email dated 4/28/2009)

Yup transfers have come around the corner again and this time i got the news that its me being move areas. I guess 6 months of work here in Utuado is what the Lord had planned for me here in this mountaines Pueblo of Utuado. I'll find out where i'm going tomorrow morning at the transfer meeting. So now you can pull out the map or Puerto Rico and start putting in your guesses on my next destination. About this whole transfer thing i have mixed feelings, because i really dont want to leave this family that we are teaching(the DeJesus's). But then again i know its not my choice either its the Lords... Were going to have to move their baptisimal dates back a couple of weeks because they still need to get married before they can be baptised. We have a cita schedualed with them tonight and we're going to be going over all the details with them about setting a marriage date goal and stuff like that. I pray that all goes well, which i'm sure it will. We told them last week that i might be getting transfered this week because i have been here for so long and they were pretty sad to hear it. Now tonight we have to go break the news to them for sure that i'm leaving. I'm pretty sad but at the same time i'm so happy that i was able to come across such a great family to help prepare for this sacred covenent of baptisim. I'm sure that they will keep on working toward baptisim even after i'm gone because i've been able to feel the strength of their faith as we've been teaching them. Missionary work is such a great feeling there really are no words to describe it. I love going into a lesson and leaving it knowing that i've been a tool in the Lords hands to help another gain a testimony of the Restored Gospel of the Lord to the earth. Thank you all for all of your prayers for us missionaries out here in the field because they really are being answered.

No comments: