Countdown:

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last full week of 2009 (email dated 12/21/2009)

Yeah its hard to believe but its true... this is the last full week of the year 2009. Man how time can just catch a plane and fly! I remember where i was a year from this moment. I was in the land of Puerto Rico kicken my butt trying to learn Spanish in the mountains of Utuado. Now i'm here on a little island just above Venezuela called Curacao kickin my butt trying to learn Papiamentu... I sure hope next christmas i'm done with this language learning thing...

Anyhow this past month has just snuck on by because its already Christmas time and that means a phone call home! I'm pretty exctied not going to lie! I hope everyone in the family has some good questions and stories to tell me! I'm sure i have tons to tell you all about whats gone on in my life this year!

So this week we had a good hard working week with a lot of contacts, and a lot of lessons, and a lot of fun! It was really fun to be all over the place teaching a lot of different people and having a lot of funny experiences!

We ran into a preacher guy this past week who we just contacted like normal, and from the get go he told us he wouldnt talk to us until we had read Act 2:36 to the end of the chapter.So it just so happens that i have studied that part in the Bible quite a bit while i've been out here on the mission. So i just quoted him verses 37 and 38 of that chapter and it sort of threw him off gaurd.. he wasnt really expecting that we'd know them of the top of our head.

So anyhow these 2 verses talk about peticost and how a bunch of people listend to the apostls and we're baptized right off the bat. Then he asked us if we had down as Peter says to do in these verses and we testified to him that we had and we left it at that and then left the man. It was a pretty funny situation because the guy was just looking to fight and we just testified to him of Christ and then left. He was pretty suprised. that was just a funny story i thought i'd trough in real quick for you guys.

well like usual the time has run out and our ride is leaven so i got to wrap this up but i'll feel you up in more detail on Christmas this week!!!
Any how for the phone call info.. I'll call you Christmas eve real quick and set up a time for christmas. I'll probably call you at 9 here which will make it 7 back home so you know.
I'll call dads cell phone to! Love you all so much!!!!

Elder Lopez

No comments: