Countdown:

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Everyone sounds so good! (email dated 05/11/2010)

Mom and Dad,

So this past week was a good week and we were able to get a lot done, but at the same time a little bumber because our baptismal date was out of town. I guess it was for a good reason, to spend the weekend with family for mothers day, but i just don't like being in church with out our investigators there. It makes me feel bad in side but she's still hanging in there to be baptized this week. Also we found another investigator thats showing a lot of good signs by reading and praying and comitting to come to church this next week. His name is Angel Rodriguez Colon, and he even told us that he's sick of searching for the truth and that he just wants to find the right one path to follow. So naturaly we are very happy to be able to show him what he's been looking for for so long. We've taught him 3 times and every time has been very effective and he's understanding everything very well so far. He reads everthing that we leave him to read and even has been praying to find out if this path is really true or not. He said so far he's felt really good about everything and is really excited to come to church this next sunday. He wanted to come this past sunday but had to work because it was mothers day and he diliveres flowers... and we all know that mothers day is a day of many flowers so he was busy with that. I told him that i'd be leaving this friday and that there would be another missionary coming to take my place and he said that he'd keep in touch and that he'd keep me updated on his convesion and if he decideds to be baptized. He's a really cool guy and i think that he'll make it to the baptism waters here at the end of this month or the begining of the next. I'm really just happy that i was able to find him with Elder Moran and help him along the path of conversion. But as we all know life just keeps on moving on and its time to turn another page in life and head down to the island of Aruba on Friday to finish out my mission strong!

Also being mothers day I had a great talk with my Mom and the rest of my family on sunday! I have to say i love every single member of my family with all my heart and that i'm grateful to know of the plan of happiness that is going to give my family the opportunity to be together forever! I love how my entire family is able to confide in the priesthood power that God has restored to the earth. I'm truely grateful to be where i'm at right now on the mission, and am excited to be able to finish my mission down in the islands no matter where at. I'm just humbled and thankful to be able to serve the Lord and show my thanks for his great and eternal plan that he has given us and share it with others. We truely are part of this marvoules work and a wonder.I pray that my entire family is able to find confidence and faith in the Lord even through this really hard time with whats going on with our newest member of the family, Mason. After reading Rev. 21:4 and meditating President Monsons talks in the last conference i know that we are in the Lords hands and he will wipe away all our tears and sactify all of our good works for the life that is to come. Lets all keep up our faith with prayer and fasting and confiding in the Lords will, and all will turn out for the best. I'm 100% positive of it.

Your all in my prayers and thoughts and i love you all!

Love always,


Elder Lopez

No comments: