Countdown:

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last week in the CCM (email dated 09/25/2008)

Well this is going to be my last email from the CCM. I cant believe my time is done here and now i get to go out into the world and preach the Gospel to the people of Puerto Rico! Its going to be such a great experience for the next two years. I'm really feeling ansy to be able to get out of this place... I mean dont get me wrong i love the people here and all the teachers are great! But being in one building and and only using one floor of that building for six weeks is starting to get to me. i want to get out there into the world and walk around. At least on Mondays here they'd give us a little taste of what the outside world is like by letting us go to the University.

This week was our last week going to the University actually, because next week we'll be getting ready to leave for tuesday morning. The proselyting went really well though, and we ended on our best time yet. We just went this time and bore short but sincere testimonies to as many people as we could. It went way good, we actually were able to talk to 35 people and recieved 35 phone numbers. Yeah i was shocked when we got back to the class room and started to count up our numbers. It really didnt even seem like we did that much. The best part about it was that when we were leaving to go back to the CCM we ran into one of the guys that we had talked to the previews week! He rocognized us and was excited to see us. He wanted to meet with us agian next week but we're going to be gone, but he gave us his number again anyway. Latter that day i talked to one of my teachers here Hermano Mediovilla and he said he'd give him a call for us since we're not going to be here. I felt good about the whole thing and know he's in good hands with Hermano Mediovilla. I pray that all goes well with him and he's able to recieve the gospel!

This sunday we were able to watch a movie for our fireside. We watched the Testament which is a great movie! There was a part that i actually had to cover my companions eyes because the kiss for one second. Yeah i know i'm a good comp. just looking out for his best interest. We dont need to bother looking or even thinking of that stuff our here on the Lords time.

Anyway not much else happened this week. Just the usual sit in class try and learn/speak spanish. The spanish is actually getting a little bit better. I'm still about 4 or 5 months away from being able to have a good conversation with anyone but its coming none the less. Some things just take time...

So How's everyting back home? I love getting all your emails and letters. Ryan i was happy to read that your still palying ball and crushing Bombs on High School size fields. By the time i get home your going to have teach me how to hit again. Cory i hear your just bulldozing through kids in football. You might have to start taking it easy on them a little.( on 2nd thought, no dont do that. Keep it up!). Jessi you need to keep an eye on your two brothers and keep them in line k! Skyler i hear your doing great at football too. Keep up the hard work buddy. Sierra & Brooklyn I hear you 2 are dancing now. I miss dancing with you two and Jessi to the High School Musical CD. Its alright though time will fly by and we'll be back to dancing before to long. I hope your taking good care of your little sister Kelly too. And Andrew I hope your taking good care of your little sister, Hayle down in ST. George! I love you bud, and dont beat to many kids in games at P.E. ok. We'll I'm running out of time so i got to sign off... I love you all and thank you all for your emails!!!!! Next time i write it will be from the Beautifull Island of Puerto Rico!!!

With Love,
Elder Lopez

No comments: