Countdown:

Monday, November 10, 2008

Transfers

Well another week of the mission life has come and gone! Thank you all for the support and letters that I've recieved, you all keep me going!

Well this week was full of new's! I had my first interview with the President of the Mission, President Martineau, and he pretty much told me after this transfer I'd be gettin transfered some where else. Sure enough this Sunday i got the word that i'm going to be getting transfured this Wed. I'm actually looking forward to this next transfer to get a new companion and learn new things. For the most part i'm starting to settle into the mission life. It gets better and better every day. It started out a little rocky, but no one ever said it was going to be ease. When times are going rough i always am able to find comfort in the scriptures! I found some scriptures that really helped me out this first transfer. One of them was in D&C 128:31 right at the very end of the verse if you want to look it up... The Scriptures have grown to be my best friend out here and i love reading them every day!

My Companion Elder Haskell's birthday was this week, so we decided to celebrate and went bowling last p-day! It was a blast and it reminded me of the good old days going bowling in High School, i still sort of stuggle so i wont tell you my score. I know when my brother Mark reads this he'll be a little disapointed, but it is what it is.

Finding people this week looked up a little bit. We came accross a guy who had been in the Army for ever and learend english and could speak it very well. To add to it the guy was amazingly nice. He excepted everything that we said to him and invited us in to have some water! We set up a return visit with him and everything but unfortunatley i'm not going to be there to teach him cuz i'm getting transfered. Thats alright though, all that matters is that he gets to hear the gospel!

So elections are finaly over and i hear we have a new President of the United States. Í'm not going to say much about who got elected cuz out here on the mission we're not supposed to talk polotics... and this way i wont say anything bad about him, you know how the saying goes, "ïf you cant say anything good dont say anything at all".

Well until next week keep it real back home! Love you all!
Elder Lopez

No comments: