Countdown:

Monday, August 4, 2008

Bret's first letter home

Dear Mom and Dad,

Wow, my 1st day is over now, and I'm just taking a little bit of time before I go to bed to write you. We're only supposed to write on P-days, which is Wednesday, just to give you a little heads up.

The Spirit that's here in the MTC is absolutely amazing! Everywhere I go, I can feel it and I'm loving every moment of it. My companion's name is Elder Sellers. He's awesome! He's from the Bay area in Northern Cal. He got called to be our district leader tonight and there's about 12 missionaries. There's 8 Elders, and 4 Hermonas. Today they just showed us around and how to get mail and lunch and things.

I just met Elder Carter. He's in my zone and is a ball player. He's from the Fresno area. I just let him know that Fresno State won the College World Series. He left the day before the championship game and didn't know who won. So I helped update him on everything. Everyone is so friendly here in our zone. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the schedule, cuz right now I'm all mixed up. I guess you can call me the "greeny" of the MTC. Anyway, it's getting to the time where I gotta turn the lights out. So I'll write you again soon. Love you with all my heart!

--Elder Lopez

No comments: