Countdown:

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Letter home (dated August 6th, 2008)

Dear Mom and Dad,
Well a whole week is gone now, I can't believe it. It was a very long week though, I'm not going to lie. There's been so much going on I can even describe in words. The feelings that I get here everyday are amazing. I love the comfort of Holy Ghost.
We definately have a lot of classes in here, and there's so much info given in all of them, that it's hard to remember it all. The language is coming, not as fast as I'd like, but it will come along eventually. I'm praying in Spanish now at least, and I'm working on bearing my testimony in Spanish. I could use your prayers on helping me with the language. I know you're praying for me and thanks!
My companions are all great. I told you about Elder Sellers already, he's my comp. and the 2 other Elders in our room are great too. Their names are Elder Slade from Riverton, and Elder Twitchel from Heber. We all have a great time rooming in the residency, a.k.a. "The barn." Hopefully in the next letter, I'll be able to send you some pics.
Thanks you so much for all the letters and packages. I think I got enough candy and food to feed the entire MTC. Everyone's getting a little jealous. I'm definately winning in the package and letter competition. The Baseball State ring is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Thanks so much for sending it so I could get to see it for a bit.
My birthday was good. My whole district found out and sang me Happy Birthday. Elder Sellers gave me a tie that was orange and wrote "The Birthday Tie" on it and made me wear it the entire day. Elder Slade gave me a tie too, and wrote me a little note on the back of it. It says "si se puede" (yes we can). That's our little saying. He's having some family problems at home, so if you could keep Elder Slade in your prayers, that would be great!
Sorry it's been a while since I've been able to write, they only let us write on Wed. So that's why it's been a while. I have gotten all of your letters and mail too, just so you know.
I've seen Bishop Heap's son in here a couple of times & Alan's sister. They're very friendly and it's always nice to see a familiar face. Thanks for all the baseball updates. Sounds like this last part of the season is when the cream is going to rise to the top. Please keep on keeping me posted.
Right now I'm doing my laundry and then later on today, we get to go to the temple. Dad, don't get any ideas please!!!
Yesterday, we got to take phone calls from people that see adds on tv about the church. I was a little nervous to speak with real people about the church but it ended up being a great experience. I bore to the lady I talked to, my testimony, and I asked if she would read Moroni 10: 3-5 in a B.O.M. I'd send to her. And she said she would. Surprisingly, she sounded really sincere about it too. It was a great feeling!
Anyway, what those missionaries (the mish. you met on the plane) said about the first week was right. I think the hardest is in the past now, at least hopefully!
Well I gotta go finish my laundry then change to go to the temple. Until next letter, I love you and tell the fam. I love them too! Thanks so much for your letters! The Church is true!
Love,
Elder Lopez

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, it was Elder Paramore that spoke on Tuesday night. I just remembered Dad asked in one of his letters.
Oh yeah, one more thing. You can get on DearElder.com and type me a letter and it gets to me the same day and they're easier to read...HA. I guess you just type a letter and they print it off here, and put it in my mail box.
I love all you!!!

No comments: