Countdown:

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MTC life (email dated August 13, 2008)

Well i sent a email last week but i dont think anyone recieved it because i didn't get any reply. I sent it to kaye84057@yahoo.com so mom please check your email every wed. because i'm can email for 30 min every p-day. My email is elderbretlopez@myldsmail.net so if lachelle could maybe put that up on the blog i'd love to read emails from friends but i'm only aloude to email back my family. I sure hope this one gets to someone out there...

Well life in the MTC is going good. I just saw Jack Grazzini's dad here at the copy center. Iguess he works for the BYU copy center and has to check up on the MTC copy center every now and again. I told him to tell the crew back home hello for me. Grandma wrote me a letter and it was really good. MOm if you could send me her address i'd really love it because i couldnt really read the address that she wrote on the letter.

We get to go to the temple today and i'm way excited. The temple is a place where we can go every wed. and its just like a re-charge for the entire week. The Language is coming along. Elder Sellers and i did our first practice and contacting a teacher in spanish the other day. we struggled to say what we wanted to say but we did manage to make our point in Spanish back to him. I just asked him about his family in spanish and then tried to tell him how important family's are to our eternal lifes and than i bore testimony to him about my love for my family and that i know that we will be together forever because of Christ gospel.

Next thursday the 21st at 730 my flight leaves for the D.R. We fly on American airlines and have a couple of lay overs in Chicago, Atlanta, Miami and then finaly the DR. i cant believe my time here in the great state of Utah is coming to an end for a couple of years. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time and cant wait to be able to speak the language.

Yesterday was a great day. We heard from a member of the 70 and his name we elder Gary Cloleman. NO it wasnt the actor it was a General Authority. Lachelle and mark will understand. It was really good and he strengthend my testimony a lot on my work here for the lord. Well my time is starting to run out onthe computer so i'll Talk to you next week. Love you all so much!Elder Lopez

No comments: