Countdown:

Sunday, August 10, 2008

MTC life (email dated August 6, 2008)

Well I already wrote you a letter today telling you mostly evreything that I can think of, but now I have 30 minutes to email each week. So here's a little more.
Thanks for all the support that you guys have been giving me out here. I love to recieve your letters. I sent you Ryan's and Cory's birthday cards cuz I didn't know thier address. If you could send that, that would be wonderful.
Classes here in the MTC are very long, but it's weird cuz I never feel like it's enough time to get everyting I want to get in. All the days just sort of blend into one big long day.
Now that I look back at the week, I can see that I actually did learn a lot in one week. I'm giving some really simple prayers in Spanish. It reminds me of listening to little Brooklyn say a prayer, cuz they're short and sweet, just like hers.
The food is pretty good, but I feel so worthless at times cuz all I do is sit and eat and then go sit in class for 4 hours a day.
This week we were lucky enough to start our gym period. I can already tell that I'm going to be looking forward to gym a lot. It's the one time where I feel like I can be normal for a little bit.
My two teachers are Hermano Anderson, and Hermana Stevenson. Hermano Anderson is really a good teacher and went through an example of the 1st discussion yesterday. It was amazing. Hermana Stevenson is also a good teacher, but I think she's a little more hard to follow. That's alright though, cuz I'll catch on sooner or later. Hopfully sooner rather than later. In my district, we have 8 Elders and 4 Sisters. We're pretty lucky I guess you can say, cuz we're the only district in our whole zone with sisters. They're good to have in class cuz it always seems like they're giving the inspirational thoughts.
Anyway, my departure date for the D.R. is on Aug. 21!! That's only a couple of weeks away, so I got my work cut out for me the next couple of weeks.
Well my time on the computer is running out, so I'm going to try and send this before I lose it all. Hopefully I send it to the right email address...
Love always,
Elder Lopez

No comments: